» Online Users: 61

0 members and 61 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 285, 01-25-2011 at 05:29 PM.

» Stats

Members: 2,636
Threads: 3,025
Top Poster: Arcocustom (2,350)
Welcome to our newest member, trevorsmith

Thanks
    Real Name
    Russ Lenig

Default Rising Sotrm / DF-02 chassis

I have a Rising Sotrm that I have upgraded all of the suspension components with GPM racing aluminum parts. While these upgrades have made an improvment in handling and steering, I have realized that they also seem to make the chassis more likely to break around the front a-arm mounting points. I have replaced the chassis 3 times already, once was almost immediatley after I replaced it from a previous break. It seems to not be able to handle any type of impact to the front wheels. Is there any plan for an upgraded chassis or possibly a different chassis that would take most of the parts from the DF-02?

Thanks

Unfortunately, that's the trade off with aluminum bits. While they don't bend, they just transfer the shock to other components. I know of no upgrade chassis offhand, so a homemade brace or some strategically placed JB weld may be your best bet, or return to the more flexible stock shock mount or arms - whatever is causing the break to happen.

Interesting that it is breaking around the a-arm mounts, they look to be pretty beefy. Not sure what all you've installed, assuming there's an alu. shock tower or arm set-up there somewhere. Is there a way to post a pic of where the breakage happens?
    Certified Tamiyaphile