» Online Users: 25

1 members and 24 guests
Most users ever online was 285, 01-25-2011 at 05:29 PM.

» Stats

Members: 2,597
Threads: 2,999
Top Poster: Arcocustom (2,314)
Welcome to our newest member, onuraydogan

Thanks
    Real Name
    Matt

Post Radio and other questions - Leopard 2A6

New to the forums folks and thought I would say Hi. I'm about to buy a Leopard kit and was curious which radio I should pair with the track.

My last R/C vehicle was over 20 years ago (Losi XX4) but I was heavily into the hobby then. I'm learning quite a bit about the 2.4ghz radios and wishing we had those and a ton of other innovations way back when I was racing R/C cars...

* Will the (odd) light and sound control system in the Leopard have issues with a good quality 2.4ghz radio and should I use a more than 4 channel radio for anything ?

* Are there any modifications or aftermarket parts I should look into BEFORE ordering and beginning work on the kit ? I'd hate to have to strip it down to bare chassis to install something I should have had from the start.

* With two motors and speakers/lights, what is normal run time for a full charge ?

* Yes I know its a dumb question but has anyone played with modifying the Airsoft BB firing mechanism from cheapo R/C tanks to something like this ? I'd love to have something that actually fires on a radio control TANK.

I know the Leopard is considered an advanced model but I have nothing but time on my hands and am looking forward to a project to keep me busy for a while.

Thanks in advance and I appreciate any help !

Thanks
    Real Name
    Eric

"Its very simple... you're probably just doing it wrong"

Thanks
    Real Name
    Matt

I ordered the tank from http://shop.aaftankmuseum.com/Default.asp and that was the radio that they stocked, and other sites seem to recommend it as well. I'm having quite the fun time assembling the track now and I've done a few runs with what I have completed and it has been a blast. Mostly just details and camo painting are left now.

I'm looking into 5.8ghz cameras so I can drive from the first person. Should be ordering one of those today and trying to work out how to get it mounted as smoothly as possible.

This has been one of the best / most fun models/vehicles I've ever built. Thanks to medical problems I'm stuck inside and on a wheelchair most of the time but I hope with the camera system I can go outside in the 3rd person more. That and I think it will just plain be fun as heck. I just wonder how good of a range the 5.8ghz cam will end up giving.

Thanks
    Real Name
    John

Question:

If using the Futaba FM radio as recommended; if you setup driving on the right stick; turret rotation & gun elevation on the left stick; the question is:

How do you turn on the RC Tank Gun Barrel Stabilizer - 1/16 Leopard Item #53762?

Thanks
    Real Name
    John

Stabilizer Answer:

Got the "electronic sound".

While running the tank, Left Stick:

Horizontal bottom trim tab all the way LEFT; vertical left trim tab all the way UP.

Move left stick left and then up all the way.

Thanks
    Real Name
    Nathaniel Moody

Quote Originally Posted by 19k10 View Post
    New to the forums folks and thought I would say Hi. I'm about to buy a Leopard kit and was curious which radio I should pair with the track.

My last R/C vehicle was over 20 years ago (Losi XX4) but I was heavily into the hobby then. I'm learning quite a bit about the 2.4ghz radios and wishing we had those and a ton of other innovations way back when I was racing R/C cars...

* Will the (odd) light and sound control system in the Leopard have issues with a good quality 2.4ghz radio and should I use a more than 4 channel radio for anything ?

* Are there any modifications or aftermarket parts I should look into BEFORE ordering and beginning work on the kit ? I'd hate to have to strip it down to bare chassis to install something I should have had from the start.

* With two motors and speakers/lights, what is normal run time for a full charge ?

* Yes I know its a dumb question but has anyone played with modifying the Airsoft BB firing mechanism from cheapo R/C tanks to something like this ? I'd love to have something that actually fires on a radio control TANK.

I know the Leopard is considered an advanced model but I have nothing but time on my hands and am looking forward to a project to keep me busy for a while.

Thanks in advance and I appreciate any help !
    hello friend I am very new to forum but I still think you can help me a lot.. I am looking to buy new Leopard kit so can please give some information regarding price and other aspects..Looking forward for quick reply... Thanks

Thanks
    Real Name
    Nathaniel Moody

Quote Originally Posted by NathanielMoody View Post
    hello friend I am very new to forum but I still think you can help me a lot.. I am looking to buy new Leopard discount hid kits so can please give some information regarding price and other aspects..Looking forward for quick reply... Thanks:)
    Still waiting for reply

Thanks

Thanks
    Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by NathanielMoody View Post
    hello friend I am very new to forum but I still think you can help me a lot.. I am looking to buy new Leopard kit so can please give some information regarding price and other aspects..Looking forward for quick reply... Thanks
    Just saw this and hope the info helps.

The best place to buy a Leopard 2A6 rc kit in the USA is:

http://shop.aaftankmuseum.com/Produc...ductCode=56020